HOT RIGHT NOW: Boudoir Photography as a tool on your Self-Love Journey
(really quick, what is "boudoir photography"?)
Boudoir photography is a type of photography that captures intimate, sensual, and sometimes even erotic images of a person, typically in a bedroom or private setting. The photographs are often taken in lingerie or other intimate clothing, and are intended to be tasteful and artistic, rather than explicit or pornographic. Boudoir photography is a form of self-expression and empowerment for the person being photographed, and is commonly given as a gift to a romantic partner for special occasions.
Boudoir photo shoots can be such a powerful tool...
Top 5 Reasons why a boudoir photo shoot can help with ones self-esteem:
- Self-discovery: Boudoir photo shoots can be a way for women to explore and express their own sexuality, sensuality, and femininity. This can be a powerful tool for self-discovery and a start to self-acceptance. So, Boudoir Photography can be especially powerful for women who struggle with self-esteem issues.
- Enforcing Body positivity: Boudoir photography can help women to see and appreciate their bodies in a new light, regardless of their shape or size. This can help women to develop a more positive body image and feel more confident in their own skin.
- Self-validation: Having professional photos taken can validate a woman's beauty and self-worth in her own mind. Why? Because we only get to see ourselves from a few limited vantage points, and over the years, from those points of view, we have all collected a list of flaws about ourselves that cloud and skew the mental image we have of ourselves. We are all blinded by this list we made up in our heads; everyone has something. When a woman can see herself from new points of view, we see ourselves in a whole new light.
- Empowerment: Having boudoir photos taken can be a powerful form of self-expression, allowing women to take control of how they are seen and perceived by themselves. This boost in confidence causes a person to feel elevated and in turn project such a difference in how others see us too. Seeing the final images from a boudoir photo shoot can be a powerful positive reinforcement of one's own beauty and self-worth. This exercise in self-love and positive reinforcement can help to improve your self-esteem and empower you over time.
- It is Liberating: By freeing yourself from your negative mental image of your body, you begin to allow yourself to grow as a person. Finding your way to elevating your everyday mental state, becoming the best version of yourself by manifesting; simply put- once you start seeing yourself in a different light, you begin attracting better things into your life.
See? You don't need a special occasion to decide to do a boudoir photography shoot.
You can just do it for YOU. It's important to note that though these top reasons why a woman would book a shoot for herself (or anyone struggling with self-love) are the most commonly cited, every person’s reasons and motivations for doing a boudoir photo shoot are unique and personal to them, and, these are just a few examples of why someone might choose to book a boudoir photo shoot for themselves.
I have had those who booked a shoot because they were celebrating an academic achievement, a fitness goal, a graduation, just because they wanted to treat themselves, and so many other reasons. For instance, the most impactful reason I heard from a client recently on why she booked a shoot with me, I have had a woman who had an extreme health scare and, after miraculously surviving, decided to get professional photos done because they realized shortly after this hospital visit that they didn't have many nice pictures to use at the funeral if she was to pass away. Something to remember her by. The point is- whatever the reason you have for seeking out this luxury experience, always remember that you shouldn't wait, you can do anything you want in this life, especially for yourself! You shouldn't put things off until you think it would be best, life is too short to be afraid to live in your own body. Whatever excuse you need to start seeing yourself in a whole new light and living a fuller life is fine, but DO something while you can.